“The Security Council (...) Decides hereby, having received the request of the Government of Rwanda (S/1994/1115), to establish an international tribunal for the sole purpose of prosecuting persons responsible for genocide and other serious violations of International Humanitarian Law committed in the territory of Rwanda and Rwandan citizens responsible for genocide and other such violations committed in the territory of neighbouring States, between 1 January 1994 and 31 December 1994”.
Resolution 955 of the United Nations Security Council, 8 Nov. 1994.
- 8 November 1994 - Founding resolution 955 and first Statute
- 31 January 2010 - Statute of the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda
- 13 May 2015 - Rules of Procedure and Evidence
- 1 August 2014 - Annual report
- 15 May 2015 - Completion Strategy Report